PDF The Private Lives of the Impressionists Download
- Format: Paperback | 368 pages
- Dimensions: 150 x 229 x 25mm | 431g
- Publication date: 01 Nov 2007
- Publisher: Harper Perennial
- Publication City/Country: New York, NY, United States
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: Reprint
- Illustrations note: Illustrations, unspecified
- ISBN10: 0060545593
- ISBN13: 9780060545598
- Bestsellers rank: 387,936
Though they were often ridiculed or ignored by their contemporaries, today astonishing sums are paid for their paintings. Their dazzling works are familiar to even the most casual art lovers--but how well does the world know the Impressionists as people?
Sue Roe's colorful, lively, poignant, and superbly researched biography, The Private Lives of the Impressionists, follows an extraordinary group of artists into their Paris studios, down the rural lanes of Montmartre, and into the rowdy riverside bars of a city undergoing monumental change. Vivid and unforgettable, it casts a brilliant, revealing light on this unparalleled society of genius colleagues who lived and worked together for twenty years and transformed the art world forever with their breathtaking depictions of ordinary life.