PDF The Architectural History of Venice : Revised and enlarged edition Download
- Format: Paperback | 366 pages
- Dimensions: 16 x 23 x 2mm | 907g
- Publication date: 25 Feb 2004
- Publisher: Yale University Press
- Publication City/Country: New Haven, CT, United States
- Language: English
- Edition: Enlarged, Revised
- Edition Statement: Revised and Enlarged ed.
- Illustrations note: 70 b-w + 100 color illus.
- ISBN10: 0300090293
- ISBN13: 9780300090291
- Bestsellers rank: 310,930
This book is the indispensable guide to the history of architecture in Venice, encompassing the city's fascinating variety of buildings from ancient times to the present day. Completely updated and filled with splendid new illustrations, this edition invites all visitors to Venice, armchair travelers, and students of Renaissance art and architecture to a fuller appreciation of the buildings of this uniquely beautiful city.
"The best concise introduction to Venetian architecture in English."-Times Literary Supplement
"Compact and manageable . . . an excellent introduction to the novice preparing for a first Venetian experience."-Society of Architectural Historians
"A hugely rewarding and accessible book."-Richard Cork, Modern Painters