PDF Derrida for Architects Download
- Format: Paperback | 120 pages
- Dimensions: 138 x 216 x 7.62mm | 204g
- Publication date: 28 Apr 2011
- Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
- Imprint: Routledge
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: 18 Halftones, black and white
- ISBN10: 0415591791
- ISBN13: 9780415591799
- Bestsellers rank: 384,663
Looking afresh at the implications of Jacques Derrida's thinking for architecture, this book simplifies his ideas in a clear, concise way. Derrida's treatment of key philosophical texts has been labelled as "deconstruction," a term that resonates with architecture. Although his main focus is language, his thinking has been applied by architectural theorists widely.
As well as a review of Derrida's interaction with architecture, this book is also a careful consideration of the implications of his thinking, particularly on the way architecture is practiced.