PDF 101 Things I Learned in Urban Design School Download
- Format: Hardback | 208 pages
- Dimensions: 178 x 127 x 25.4mm | 408.23g
- Publication date: 03 Apr 2018
- Publisher: Random House USA Inc
- Imprint: Three Rivers Press
- Publication City/Country: New York, United States
- Language: English
- Illustrations note: Black and white line drawings
- ISBN10: 0451496698
- ISBN13: 9780451496690
- Bestsellers rank: 155,107
Providing unique, accessible lessons on urban design, this title in the bestselling 101 Things I Learned(R) series is a perfect resource for students, recent graduates, general readers, and even seasoned professionals.
Students of urban design often find themselves lost between books that are either highly academic or overly formulaic, leaving them with few tangible tools to use in their design projects. 101 Things I Learned(R) in Urban Design School fills this void with provocative, practical lessons on urban space, street types, pedestrian experience, managing the design process, the psychological, social, cultural, and economic ramifications of physical design decisions, and more. Written by two experienced practitioners and instructors, this informative book will appeal not only to students, but to seasoned professionals, planners, city administrators, and ordinary citizens who wish to better understand their built world.