PDF Living in Morocco : Design from Casablanca to Marrakesh Download
- Format: Paperback | 252 pages
- Dimensions: 250 x 250 x 19.56mm | 1,320g
- Publication date: 21 May 2001
- Publisher: Thames & Hudson Ltd
- Publication City/Country: London, United Kingdom
- Language: English
- Edition: Revised
- Edition Statement: Revised Edition
- Illustrations note: 346 Illustrations, color
- ISBN10: 0500282641
- ISBN13: 9780500282649
- Bestsellers rank: 345,585
Living in Morocco celebrates the arts of a country at the height of a cultural renaissance, a land where an ancient tradition of craftsmanship has been sustained and recently reinvigorated. Lavishly illustrated chapters on decorative and folk arts alternate with chapters on Moroccan life today.
We visit Chaouen in the Rif mountains, where the town's smooth, undulating surfaces are painted a bone-chilling blue-tinted white. We take in the shady blue-and-pink world of the Majorelle Gardens, and explore the stories behind the famous hotel La Mamounia. Most importantly, we see Morocco's arts brought to life in its homes - from former harems to traditional Hispano-Moorish houses.
A host of glorious photographs make this a book to relish, and the detailed documentation of Morocco's houses, arts and crafts make it an invaluable resource for anyone involved in interiors or design.