PDF The Vaastu Workbook : Using the Subtle Energies of the Indian Art of Placement to Enhance Health Prosperity and Happiness in Your Home Download
- Format: Paperback | 152 pages
- Dimensions: 203 x 235 x 11mm | 1g
- Publication date: 18 Oct 2001
- Publisher: Inner Traditions Bear and Company
- Imprint: Destiny Books,U.S.
- Publication City/Country: Rochester, VT, United States
- Language: English
- Edition Statement: Original ed.
- ISBN10: 0892819405
- ISBN13: 9780892819409
- Bestsellers rank: 65,757
- Detailed instructions for creating a home that harmonizes with the natural and spiritual energies of its environment
- Unlike feng shui, which favors adding cures to cover existing problems, vaastu (like holistic medicine) focuses on fixing underlying problems for the health of the entire system
- By the director of the foremost vaastu center in India
- Includes 100 line drawings to make all the complexities of vaastu understandable to a beginner
Feng shui practitioners are quickly discovering vaastu, the Indian art of environmental design that helps you create a home that is in harmony with the natural and spiritual energies surrounding it. Until now, books on vaastu have told you where to place your doors or ponds without fully explaining the rationale behind this. The Vaastu Workbook presents vaastu as it was meant to be understood--as an interconnected part of the great Indian tradition of sacred knowledge, along with yoga, ayurveda, and astrology.
Using hundreds of clear line drawings, The Vaastu Workbook takes you through every conceivable vaastu situation, exploring the dos and don'ts of window and door placement, interior design, street focus, directional facing, landscaping, and much more. Introductory chapters provide a thorough grounding in the basics of Indian astrology, the five elements, and the healing tradition of ayurveda, all of which is necessary to truly understand the details of vaastu. With this knowledge in hand, even a beginner can quickly learn how to design a new home--or renovate an existing one--in order to bring peace, prosperity, and happiness to those who live there.